Outdora thanks Tony Hall from Missouri for submitting a total of 7 recipes to the Outdora Big Green Egg recipe contest. This is the last of Tony’s recipe submissions. If you browse the Big Green Egg Recipes Contest section of our blog, you can view all of our contestant recipes including the rest of Tony’s. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite by clicking on the Facebook “like” button.
Do you have an original Big Green Egg recipe that you feel is a cut above the rest? If so, we encourage you to submit it to the Outdora Big Green Egg recipe contest. Just email your recipe to biggreeneggrecipes@ outdora.com and make sure to include any information that you would like in your post (name, address). If you have a picture, send it!
The winner, determined by our readers based on the number of Facebook “likes” associated with the recipe, wins a Big Green Egg cookbook and will also have their recipe featured by one of the celebrity chefs at Sonoma’s first annual Big Green Egg festival sponsored by Outdora.
• 1 can – Pillsbury Regular Pizza Dough
• 12 oz. Pre-cooked Chicken Breast (shredded)
• Garlic Ranch Peppercorn Salad Dressing
• ½ Small Red Onion (diced)
• 3 Roma Tomatoes (paper thin slices)
• 2 cups – Finely Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
• 1 cup – Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
• 10-12 Baby Artichoke Hearts (quartered)
• 1 Tbsp. – Basil (fresh if you have it)
1. Preheat BGE to 450 degrees (dome) with plate setter legs down on fire ring and pizza stone.
2. Roll out dough into 13 inch round on a piece of parchment paper
3. Sprinkle small amount of EVOO on dough and spread
4. Squirt 3-4 Tbsp. dressing as Sauce and spread
5. Layer chicken, parmesan, garlic, onion, and tomatoes and finish by covering with mozzarella.
6. Place on Egg for 13 minutes, dome closed, remove, let rest for 3-4 minute and serve